Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cultivating Character

What Motivated you to Choose your Goal? What inspires you to succeed at it? What pushes you to keep trying? What carries you through times of self-doubt?

Your answers to these questions comprise your Character; they define your interests, values, strengths, and means of support.

The Stronger your Character; the More Stable Your Success.











True Character Needs A Source Of Conviction & Power …….

Self-trust is the first se
cret of success, the belief that if you are here the Authorities of the universe put you here, and for a cause, or with some task strictly appointed you in your constitution, and so long as you work at that you are successful. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The Authorities of the Universe put you here…”

Wow! What a Character Cultivating truth. The Holy Trinity Put me here to be and do something They need me to Be & Do…….. Time to step up from stupid!

You will never reach the Palace talking and acting like a peasant.

Change what you Believe God thinks about you and you will Change!

Get a New Conviction and watch your Character Grow.

Then see that source of “Conviction” (God’s Purpose) as the Power to stand in Character against all that would attack, or compromise these Convictions.

You will, undoubtedly, meet people who will try to shut you up or entice you to compromise your principles in any number of ways. They’ll try to seduce you and distract you with money, power, security and perhaps most dangerously, a sense of belonging. Don’t let them; it’s just not worth it. One of the biggest threats to our world is the culture of silence and compromise – politicians who compromise their beliefs because they are scared they will anger their voters and won’t get reelected, corporate executives who put profit over principles. You can have a conscience and still make money. You can have genuine values and still get elected. You can even make movies that do well at the box office without playing to the lowest common denominator. ~Samuel L. Jackson

Character is a Choice.

Choose to Believe that God has a Purpose a Plan just for you.

He needs you to be unequally YOU!

Begin to Do the things you Have to Do when you have to do them; and the day will arrive when you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them.

One of the Greatest Qualities on earth is the Willingness to Become.

O keep me, Lord, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed or disappointed, for my trust and my refuge are in You. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for and expect You. ~Psalm 25:20-21

Thanks for taking the time to Read our Ramblings… Deb & I Believe in YOU! But you need to Believe That God Believes in You! See You in Church
Would you leave a little “Feed-Back”? And Check out a short Study Tool Below.

“Seven things that Characterize Caleb’s Character…”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PM Thanks for another great Study Tool. I don’t know about anyone else out here in the barren world but between these Blog studies my Selah that comes every DAY! And now I figured out how to get your Tweets (sort of like snack sized Selah’s throughout the day) I just wanted to say THANKS and could you keep it up! I for one need it.
How about hearing a little from some of you out there I know are as blessed as me. These have help my husband and I grow stronger in the lord and with each other, we are actually reading and praying the selah together. I wish we had done this when we first got married. I think it would have made the first 10 years easier/better.

Ginny S. said...

The Holy Trinity put me here to be and do something they need me to Be & Do…….. Time to step up from stupid! That says it all! What an honor and a privilege to BE & DO for the One who loves us most!! Knowing that God put me here for His good pleasure and purpose truly is amazing. What a blessing to be chosen by Him. Good character surely is a choice - a very good choice.